Your continued use of the APP after we update new information or some changes is deemed to be acceptance of those update or changes, so please check the Policy periodically for update.
At KOLOXO we respect your privacy.
We do not sell or rent your personal or your Business information to third parties of any kind without your explicit consent, We do not disclose it to others except as disclosed in this Policy or required to provide you with the services of the Site and mobile applications, meaning – to allow you to buy, sell, share the information you want to share on the Site; to contribute on the forum; pay for products; post reviews and so on; or where we have a legal obligation to do so.
We collect information that you provide us for the application and we share it with other users, and also some general technical information that is automatically gathered by our systems, such as IP address, browser information and cookies to enable you to have a better user experience and a more personalized browsing experience.
We will not share information that you provide us in the process of the registration including your contact information – except as described in this Policy or in the term and condition of KOLOXO.
Information that you choose to publish on the Site (photos, videos, text, music, reviews, deliveries) – is no longer private, just like any information you publish online.
Technical information that is gathered by our systems, or third party systems, automatically may be used for Site operation, optimization, analytics, content promotion and enhancement of user experience.
We may use your information to contact you to provide notices related to your activities, or offer you promotions and general updates.
Your personal information may be stored in systems based around the world, and may be processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf.
These providers may be based in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection for privacy as that enjoyed in the country in which you live.
In that case, we will provide for adequate safeguards to protect your personal information. You can exercise your rights over your personal information, by sending an email to [email protected] We encourage you to read more about the information we collect, how we use it, understand the meaning of cookie (no, you can’t eat it) and more in the long version of our Policy below.
The Complete Information
KOLOXO (including KOLOXO TECHNOLOGY FZCO,. and his affiliates) respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information of its users – buyers, sellers, and visitors browsing the Application (“Users”). We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the APP. This Policy explains our privacy practices for the APP and services provided by KOLOXO HOME.
By accessing and/or using the APP and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for a KOLOXO HOME account, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, including to our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of your personal information.
Information We Collect
When you register to the App we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, location, facebook or google account log in details and username. We will collect additional information as the Application required for the process, such as physical address, telephone number or other contact details, financial information (such as payment method and credit card number), and additional authentication information, to provide you with the services you need as the nature of the business.
In addition, we collect information while you access, browse, and view or otherwise use the App. In other words, when you access the App we are aware of your usage of the App, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by Users through the App. We use this information in the first place to feed the necessary information requested by the Application, this information also serves to improve the user experience, personalize your browsing experience and monitor the App to avoid fraud and inappropriate content or behavior. We may also collect additional information obtained from third parties, such as demographic and navigation data.
Additionally, in order to improve your online experience at KOLOXO HOME, we have implemented impression reporting. While you view our ads, we may gather user Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like, user agent, IP, host, url, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version.
Once you register, your username and additional information regarding your activity is made public and is visible to all Users of the App, as mention in our term and condition. This information includes photos you upload; your published portfolio, Gig information, ratings, and additional information as the Application ask you to add to your profile.
How do we collect Information?
You directly provide us with most of the information we collect. You do this by filling out the registration details on the Application, and by posting and sharing additional information that need for the Functionality of the system. This include information about users behaving, property, personal information and all that required on the Application, same as.Location, sharing of portfolio, ratings and feedbacks by buyers, tenants and owners.
How do we use the Information collected?
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “condition” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- our use of your personal information is necessary to complete the process of the Application and to get the correct functionality and service that you ask from Koloxo home as explain in our term and condition.
- the processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (e.g. to improve our services to you or to customize your browsing experience), subject to your interests and fundamental rights and provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes
- to provide you with quality service and security. For example, we may use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We may also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity and contact you from time to time. The information helps us improve our services to you and customize your browsing experience. In addition, this information helps us track any fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and monitor content integrity;
- to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law. Should you ever deactivate your account with us, we will keep your information for a limited period in order to meet the above purposes.
- We may use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services or promotions from KOLOXO HOME and KOLOXO.COM that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements.
- In most cases our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, although some cases (such as where required by law) may be based on your consent.
You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time – this can be exercised by sending an email to [email protected]
How long do we keep your information?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time.
We may retain your information for the following purposes:
- as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
- we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms and take other actions as permitted by law.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our APP is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children’s activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We may combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
We may provide your personal details to third parties, only in order to operate the APP, provide our services to you, fulfill obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud and illegal activities, as detailed below:
- to service providers for the purpose of opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services (example – payment vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, mailing systems or technical consultants). Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions;
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of KOLOXO HOME, our customers, or the public;
- to secure the site and protect it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities; and
- your personal information may be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of koloxo home assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us may be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the UAE, USA, or SPAIN, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, or in the case of the United States, the EU – US Privacy Shield, and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Please note that the App / Site may contain links to third party sites and if you link to a third-party site from the App / Site, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of koloxo home and are not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each site you visit.
This Policy applies solely to personal information collected by our App / Site.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the App / Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Among other things, we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification (with respect to payment by credit cards if any).
In addition, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your personal information equally provide for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way.
However, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Users who have registered to the App agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party.
Further information about our data security practices can be provided on request.
Rights of Users Under EU Regulation and GDPR (general data protection regulation)
Under applicable EU regulation, as of May 25, 2018 you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information;
- to erase your personal information in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- to restrict processing of your personal information where:
(a) the accuracy of the personal information is contested;
(b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information;
(c) we no longer require the personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- to obtain a portable copy of your personal information, or to have a copy transferred to a third party controller; or
- to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority for data protection.
We may ask you for additional data to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing data requested to you.
We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law.
We may also decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws.
Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we may need to retain certain personal information for a limited period of time for record-keeping, accounting and fraud prevention purposes.
Updating Your Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately.
We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information please contact koloxo home Customer Support (by sending an email to [email protected]) and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Application and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Generated Content (“UGC”), as defined in the koloxo home Terms of Service, from the Application, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
Proper access and use of information provided on the Application, including UGC, is governed by our Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently.
Changes to this Policy are effective as of the stated “Last Update” and your continued use of the Koloxo Home Application on or after the Last Update date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, we kindly ask you to send an email to [email protected]. Please include all the relevant details, so our Koloxo team will handle it correctly.
We will process any requests in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
If you do not have an active koloxo home account, please contact us at [email protected]
If you have any questions (or comments) concerning this Policy, please email our DPO team at [email protected], and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe, you may contact one of our territorial offices worldwide by click on this link Contact Us.